Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM & R) aims to enhance and restore functional ability and quality of life to those people with injuries to the muscles, bones, tissues, and nervous system.
Is a sideways curvature of the spine that occurs most often during the growth spurt just before puberty. Pain in the lower and upper shoulder blade, neck, and lower back is common.
Results from facial nerve paralysis wherein there is an inability to control facial muscles on the affected side.
Is most common in the lower back. Patients experience muscle ache, shooting or stabbing pain, radiating pain on the leg, limited flexibility, and inability to stand up straight.
Is a form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints. The main symptoms of arthritis are joint pain and stiffness, which typically worsen with age. Sports injury can result from overuse, direct impact, or the application of force that is greater than the body part can structurally ithstand.
Myofascial Pain Syndrome (MPS)
MPS is characterized by multiple trigger points and fascial constrictions.
Characteristic features of a myofascial trigger point include:
- Focal point tenderness
- Reproduction of pain and hardening of the muscle upon trigger point palpation
- Pseudo-weakness of the involved muscle
- Referred pain
- Limited range of motion
Cerebrovascular Disease (Stroke)
Is the loss of brain function due to a disturbance in the blood supply to the brain. Major factors include hypertension, smoking, obesity, and diabetes.
Symptoms of stroke include:
- Numbness and/or weakness of the face, arm, leg (especially on one side of the body)
- Trouble speaking or understanding speech
- Trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Difficulty in walking, dizziness, loss of balance and coordination.
Is a disorder of movement, muscle tone, or posture that is caused by an insult to the immature, developing brain, most often before birth
Signs and symptoms include:
- Impaired movement associated with exaggerated reflexes
- Floppiness or rigidity of the limbs and trunk
- Abnormal posture
- Involuntary movements
- Unsteadiness of walking, or some combination of these
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis
- Lumbar Spondylolisthesis
- Multiple/Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Herniated Disc
- Reduce pain
- Stimulate nerves and muscles
- Improve muscle strength
- Endurance and flexibility
- Improve coordination
- Proprioception and balance
- Regain and relearn skills of everyday living
- Return to prior level of physical function10 % OFF When you avail the package of six(6) consecutivephysical therapy sessions
- Rotator cuff repairs
- Total joint replacements
- ACL reconstruction
- Arthroscopic hip surgeries
- Achilles tendon repairs
- Nerve releases
- Neck/back surgery
- Surgical fixation of arms and legs fracture